Samsung Galaxy S II Gets Breakdown and Video
Ukraine website gagadget has got their hands on a production Samsung Galaxy S II, one of the more exciting android phones to be released this year. A quick 4 minute walkthrough video is shown after the jump, but remember this is not a final device with final software, so some things may not work as they will once the final product is released.
A reminder of the great specs this phone has:
- Dimensions: 125x66x8 mm
- Weight: 116 g
- Operating System: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 4210, 2 cores, 1 GHz
- Display: capacitive, SAMOLED +, 4.3 ", 800x480 pixels
- Memory: Rom 8 GB + 16/32 GB, 1 GB RAM, microSD up to 32 GB
- Rear camera: 8 MP (3264x2448 pixels), autofocus, video of 1920x1080 (30 fps), LED flash
- Front camera: 2 MP (1600x1200 pixels), video
- Communication: Wi-Fi a / b / g / n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, A-GPS, Bluetooth 3.0
- Battery: Lithium-Ion, 1650 mAh
The blog mentions that the phone is very similar in style to the original Galaxy S phone. The back is VERY flexible when taken off the phone, but quite sturdy when on the phone, at least more stable than the original. It comes with a decent sized battery, and that together with Samsungs new Super AMOLED+ screen tech should provide a decent battery life. But bear in mind its got 2 cores, and 4.3" screen so maybe more sustained battery life rather than an improvement!
They also tried to run a Quadrant benchmark, but the benchmark app didn't even see the 2nd core so kinda useless (I think looking too deeply into Quadrant scores is misleading anyway). Pictures and video shot with the device look half decent, and we can expect this to improve with the finished software too.
Overall the device is looking great to me, and I'm still keying this in as my next personal phone, if I can get my hands on a TegraII version that is...