Interesting Mobile Internet Infographic
Everyone loves a cool infographic right? Microsoft tag brings us this infographic about the world of the mobile phone. Some key points after the jump as well as the full (and huge) infographic itself.
As ever take these with a pinch of salt, but it's interesting nontheless.
- There are 4 billion mobile phones worldwide, and roughly just over 1/4 of them are smartphones.
- By 2014, mobile internet use will surpass desktop internet use.
- 1/2 of local searches are carried out by mobile devices.
- 86% of mobile internet users use their mobile devices while watching TV.
- Americans spend 2.7 hours a day socialising on their mobile device (double the time spent eating and 1/3 of the time they spend sleeping.
- 91% of mobile Internet access is to use social networks (compared to 79% on PC).
- Mobile phones are used for: games (61%), weather (55%), maps/search (50%).
- Over 200 million views a day on YouTube are from mobile devices.
- Women ages 35-54 are the most active mobile socialisers (I dispute this one).
Click to view full-size