App Guide: Add Froyo 2.2 Market To Eclair 2.1 Phones
The market app present in Android 2.2 is a great improvement over previous iterations. It includes cool features such as auto updating and search suggestions as well as a better interface with which to view apps. Before today only those running android 2.2 could use the latest market, but now those of you running android 2.1 can also run the latest android market on your phones!
Make sure you have enabled Unknown Sources to install this app: Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources
Download To Phone
- Download theÂ application here or by scanning the above QR code from your phone.
- When completed click on the download (and selectÂ Package Installer if asked).
- Click Install when prompted.
Download To PC
- Download theÂ application.
- Connection your phone to you PC via USB cable and selectÂ Disk Drive mode.
- Copy the downloaded file to your phones sdcard (any location, just remember where you put it).
- Download an application calledÂ Astro File Manager from the android market.
- Open Astro File Manager and browse to the file you previously placed on the sdcard.
- Click on the file and select Open App Manager from the popup list.
- SelectÂ Install, followed byÂ install again when prompted.
Please say thank you to Paul O'Brien atÂ http://android.modaco.comÂ for supplying the app.