App Of The Moment: Visual Task Switcher
Here kicks off the App Of The Moment Series. I feel that app of the day lists sometimes simply push an app because there has to be an app every day, and that app isn't actually that good. So my solution to this dilema, say hello to App Of The Moment! Guaranteed to make you check out every app mentioned!
Let kick of with an app that adds value to a key part of the android system, task switching. One of the greatest features of android is the ability to truly multitask, not that fake or pretend multitasking that other certain mobiles phone offer.. So I present to you Visual Task Switcher!
Visual task switcher is an app that mimics the action of long pressing on the home button. Long pressing the home button normally shows the last used apps, by way of presenting their app icon and name. VTS is slightly different however:
- shows running apps instead of the most recently used apps,
- shows more apps (9 on each page, 27 overall, drag left or right to see the remainder)
- allows you to kill apps by long pressing on them
- shows thumbnails of the app rather than simply its icon
It really is an innovative way of allowing you to switch between tasks, not to mention it looks very cool. However, there are some limitations in my view:
- limited customisation, currently you cannot make it open by double tapping home key
- the add supported version seems to lose a screen when the ad appears.
Having said that, the app is quite new and you can expect more customisation to come in future versions. You may try the free add supported version, or pay $1.99 for the ad-free version.
|Visual Task Switcher Free (market link)|
|Visual Task Switcher Full $1.99 (market link)|