App Of The Moment: Power Amp
I've just come across possibly the best MP3 player for android, or it least the one with the potential to be the best. Power AMP is currently is beta, and seemingly unavailable anywhere officially. The interface is fantastic, it looks very smooth, obviously a lot of work has gone into the design.The widget is one of the best i've seen too. A quick list of features are:
- MP3, MP4/M4A,loseless ALAC,FLAC, OGG, WAV, TTA, WMA
- Has own codecs
- Skins, 2 in beta version
- Fast scan of files ( in 1 second 1000files, depends on phone speed)
Remember this is a beta leak, when the full version is released I for one will be purchasing the full version (assuming it is paid for, it may well be free). Android devs need our support to continue to make top class apps!
Take the jump for download details!
Make sure you have enabled Unknown Sources to install this app: Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources
Download To Phone
- Download theÂ application here or by scanning the above QR code from your phone.
- When completed click on the download (and selectÂ Package Installer if asked).
- Click Install when prompted.
Download To PC
- Download theÂ application.
- Connection your phone to you PC via USB cable and selectÂ Disk Drive mode.
- Copy the downloaded file to your phones sdcard (any location, just remember where you put it).
- Download an application calledÂ Astro File Manager from the android market.
- Open Astro File Manager and browse to the file you previously placed on the sdcard.
- Click on the file and select Open App Manager from the popup list.
- SelectÂ Install, followed byÂ install again when prompted.