App Guide: Add Nexus One Gallery to Android Phones
The gallery application used on the Nexus One is beautiful, certainly better than the Pictures application on the HTC Desire & Legend. It makes me wonder exactly why HTC removed this core application from android.You can move through a 3D like flow of pictures, they really do glide effortlessly across the screen.
So, without further ado, a guide on how to get this on your HTC Desire and HTC Legend android phones:
Remember this is an additional application, and will not replace your current gallery application.
Make sure you have enabled Unknown Sources to install this app: Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources
Download To Phone
- Download the application here or by scanning the above QR code from your phone.
- When completed click on the download (and select Package Installer if asked).
- Click Install when prompted.
Download To PC
- Download the application.
- Connection your phone to you PC via USB cable and select Disk Drive mode.
- Copy the downloaded file to your phones sdcard (any location, just remember where you put it).
- Download an application called Astro File Manager from the android market.
- Open Astro File Manager and browse to the file you previously placed on the sdcard.
- Click on the file and select Open App Manager from the popup list.
- Select Install, followed by install again when prompted.