App Guide: Add Default Android 2.1 Keyboard To HTC Sense Phones
The HTC keyboard is fantastic, but it lacks one great feature found in the stock Android 2.1 keyboard, and that is the voice to text key. The ability to speak, rather than type, whenever a text box is present. Sound good? Well now you can get this feature not only on your HTC Sense phones, just follow the simple steps below:
Check after the break for installation instructions!
Make sure you have enabled Unknown Sources to install this app: Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources
Download To Phone
- Download the application here or by scanning the above QR code from your phone.
- When completed click on the download (and select Package Installer if asked).
- Click Install when prompted.
Download To PC
- Download the application.
- Connection your phone to you PC via USB cable and select Disk Drive mode.
- Copy the downloaded file to your phones sdcard (any location, just remember where you put it).
- Download an application called Astro File Manager from the android market.
- Open Astro File Manager and browse to the file you previously placed on the sdcard.
- Click on the file and select Open App Manager from the popup list.
- Select Install, followed by install again when prompted.
- Go to Settings > language and keyboard
- Tick Android Keyboard
- Press the search key on your phone
- Long press on the quick search box
- Select input method from the popup list
- Select Android Keyboard